Steve Rubel writes:
In recent weeks I have started using Gmail as much more than an email host. With its gobs of storage, speed and tremendous search/tagging capabilities, you can transform it into a personal nerve center that’s available from any computer or mobile device. When you tap into this power and combine Gmail with some other tools, it is perhaps the most essential site ever developed. Most of the following life hacks have not been documented.
This series has several parts…
* How to turn Gmail into a massive personal database (Gmail + the Google Toolbar)
* How to get real-time news updates in Gmail (Gmail+ Google Talk + Twitter)
* How to automatically store your bookmarks in Gmail (Gmail + del.icio.us + Yahoo Alerts)
* How to manage Calendar and To-Dos in Gmail (Gmail + Backpack + GCal + GTalk + iMified)
* How to blog from Gmail (Gmail + WordPress/TypePad/Blogger + IMified)