My Favourite Indian Business Newspaper is…

January 27th, 2009 · 8 Comments

…Mint!

There is no shortage of business dailies: Economic Times, Business Standard, Financial Express, Business Line and Financial Chronicle, along with Mint. I like Mint for its news reporting and editorial pages. I think they have amongst the best journalists, and it shows. For scoops and exclusives, it is still the Economic Times. In their effort to make the ET a business daily with mass base, I think they have compromised on their reporting quality. The ET is of course the Intel+Microsoft of the business daily space. But somewhere, they have given up a lot to achieve this.

On Mint, I am not sure how much longer it can continue with keeping a low cover price and have few ads. The paper must be expensive to produce, and in today’s slow ad times, their breakeven period must have gotten longer. Being owned by the Hindustan Times is good, but they probably need to rethink their low cover price (subscription offers). I would be willing to pay Rs 10-15 daily for Mint (I probably pay Re 1 or so given the special offers they have for subscription). Yes, it will lead to a reduction in numbers, but it will also give them an exclusivity which would be very valuable — just like the Economist. And it will probably get them to cashflow positive much sooner.

• 1 Naveen Verma // Jan 27, 2009 at 2:23 pm

Friend am too agree with your point . Mint is really worth more tha what it is taking from its users.But one fact we cann’t forget that its the low price that makes Mint affordable to all people specially student class.

• 2 Naveen Verma // Jan 27, 2009 at 2:23 pm

Friend am too agree with your point . Mint is really worth more than what it is taking from its users.But one fact we cann’t forget that its the low price that makes Mint affordable to all people specially student class and tkes the paper where it is stand today.

• 3 Arjun Ram // Jan 27, 2009 at 3:12 pm

Agreed! But the future of Mint is in question –

given the recent move by the government to openup FDI in print.

Naserti has also moved on. I would be surprised if Mint survived.

• 4 free indian sex videos // Jan 27, 2009 at 4:01 pm

[…] My Favourite Indian Business Newspaper is… […]

• 5 Siddhesh Mukund Ayre // Jan 27, 2009 at 4:03 pm

Though I dont read Mint, I just found this article related to Mint, today, shared by someone in my google reader items:

• 6 Vasudeo Kelkar // Jan 27, 2009 at 7:12 pm

send me amil using the logic you use to control spam

• 7 Hot Indian // Jan 28, 2009 at 11:24 am

[…] My Favourite Indian Business Newspaper is… Tags: Blowjob, boobs, cunt, exotic, fuck, Indian, oral, Pussy, threesome, tits Related videos: Indian SlutBusty IndianIndian SexIndian GangbangIndian AnalHorny MatureDirty MomBlowjob CollegeLesbian DuoLesbian Threesome […]

• 8 Sudhir Syal // Jan 29, 2009 at 12:03 am

Hi Rajesh…I’ve been advocating that Mint changes its strategy to a high price one for a while now. Had a chat with my local newspaper walla and in the area around Phoenix Mills…Lower Parel..they are about 60 ET subscribers and only 2 for the Mint ( I was the second)

In India unfortunately, design and quality of the newspaper makes a difference only to the discerning few. Most newspaper buying decisions are made on legacy and price. Same problem with the New Indian Express in Chennai…revamped newspaper..Great quality. Impact on sales — Minimal.