Pizza Hut in Surat

January 15th, 2010 · 7 Comments

One of my indulgences on the food front is the cheese pizza at Pizza Hut. Surat is the only place that I know of where they serve Jain cheese pizza (no onion and garlic in the preparation). They used to have a similar one in Mumbai at Chowpatty but it shut down to get replaced by an apparel store!

The Pizza Hut pizza has that something special that I love. I now get to eat it twice a year during the Surat trips. I haven’t found any other pizza coming close in the distinctive taste. It is as unique as the Cream Centre Chole.

A Pizza Hut pizza was my first meal when I landed in the US in New York in September 1988. (At that time, I did not follow the Jain diet restrictions.) That was also the first time I had ever tasted pizza – excluding the cheese and tomato sauce on bread that got passed around as pizza at home meals! After that, a weekly outing at Pizza Hut became much the norm through the four years that I stayed there.

• 1 MrDalal // Jan 15, 2010 at 10:03 am

Pizza Hut is a godsend for ‘vegetarian food only’ indians in the US.

• 2 Twitter Trackbacks for Pizza Hut in Surat [emergic.org] on Topsy.com // Jan 15, 2010 at 3:36 pm

[…] Pizza Hut in Surat emergic.org/2010/01/15/pizza-hut-in-surat – view page – cached Entrepreneur, Mumbai, India, Mobile, MyToday, Emergic, Netcore, Internet, IndiaWorld, Sify, IIT-Bombay, ColumbiaUniv … More [Write to […]

• 3 Sudarshan Gopalan // Jan 16, 2010 at 8:06 pm

🙂 . As a child growing up in Ahmedabad, I went to the first Vegetarian Pizza Hut (which was also the first PH in Gujarat) during the opening week and was blown away by ‘pizza mania’ . I believe quite a few outlets in Gujarat offer the Jain option.

• 4 Kunal // Jan 18, 2010 at 10:04 pm

As a resident Surati Jain I am big time fan of Jain Pizzas available at pizza hut surat.

• 5 Himanshi Parekh // Jul 23, 2010 at 11:06 am

Can u tell me please what is the addresses of these Veg Pizza Huts ?

• 6 Pizza Restaurants // Jul 26, 2010 at 4:19 pm

Pizza Hut is always a great place for dine in and I like it. Pizza Hut is a big brand in fast food industry and working successfully around the world. It is the the best place to give treats to family & friend and celebrate any special occasion.

• 7 jay // May 16, 2011 at 7:07 pm

i like your servises . Specially pizzas and garlic breads.