This week’s links:
- Crafting Best-in-Class Business Intelligence: from strategy+business.
- How Genius Works: from The Atlantic. “We enlisted some of America’s foremost artists to discuss the sometimes messy, frequently maddening, and almost always mysterious process of creating something new.”
- The Unlit Social Graph: by Lawrence Coburn. “Much like the Dark Web, there exists network upon network not yet graphed by Facebook, waiting to be mapped, organized, and optimized for communication.This is the unlit social graph, and this is where Facebook is vulnerable.”
- 2 New Books on Entrepreneurship: reviewed on 800-CEO-Read. 6 Secrets to Startup Success: How to Turn Your Entrepreneurial Passion Into a Thriving Business, and The Entrepreneur Equation: Evaluating the Realities, Risks, and Rewards of Having Your Own Business.
- India as a soft state: by Chandan Mitra. “A weak Government; a Prime Minister besotted with Pakistan irrespective of its hostility towards us; a complete disconnect between the vocal section of the urban elite that has arrogated to itself the title of civil society and the vast rural community; an increasingly irresponsible electronic media pushing the case of anarchism while pursuing commercial gains; and a flabby, largely corrupt political class served by an equally incompetent and venal bureaucracy, have combined to make India lose its sense of direction.” Also see: Is India’s growth economically sustainable? (from WSJ)