Flying Emirates

September 13th, 2011 · 9 Comments

I took Emirates from Mumbai to San Francisco, via Dubai. This was a new route for me. The past couple times I have taken Air-India to New York, and then a local flight to SF. But given the uncertainty with Air India (one is never sure if they have enough money to pay for the fuel to fly), I gave it a skip and looked for an alternate path. The Emirates route beckoned — in terms of convenience (a single transfer) and duration (just about 21 hours). And so, I took it to SF.

Emirates also had the new 777 aircraft from Boeing which makes the in-flight experience much better. The service was excellent. And the buzzing Dubai airport was a revelation.

On my way back, as I looked at the monitor for my flight gate, I was amazed to see the number of Indian destinations Emirates was serving from Dubai. I think I counted 10+ flights in the next 3 hours to various Indian cities. Little wonder then that Air India is in the state it is.

• 1 Sundar // Sep 13, 2011 at 5:56 am

I am amazed by the meticulous planning and execution of strategies by Emirates.
    They provide excellent in-flight experience with latest of technologies and great seats even in Economy. And their routes are just unbelievable and Dubai acts a a perfect hub to connect to connect most of Europe and major cities of US from almost all cities of India and I guess they fill-up the gap left by Air India very smartly.

They also have majority stake in Sri Lankan airlines.

Only hazzle is transfer in Dubai which is a bit boring.

• 2 Vasanth // Sep 13, 2011 at 11:42 am

Try Etihad Airlines, you will be equally amazed.

• 3 Statspotting // Sep 14, 2011 at 4:53 am

Agree with Vasanth, you shd try Etihaad. Also, the break makes all the difference IMO.

• 4 Managerial Accounting Homework Help // Sep 3, 2018 at 11:14 am

Thanx for sharing such useful post keep it up 🙂

• 5 HBS Case Solutions // Sep 3, 2018 at 3:52 pm

Things are very open and intensely clear explanation of issues. was truly information. Your website is very beneficial.

• 6 Assignment Service UK // Dec 12, 2018 at 3:39 pm

Recently I had been to Dubai and I took an venture with Emirates Airways . My know-how with emirates was astounding. They have outstanding amongst other online interface to book tickets and in addition the first rate in flight benefits.

• 7 hp setup // Jul 30, 2019 at 12:00 pm

I am happy with your article,your website is pretty good. Many articles are very useful for everyone. I am sure your website will grow in the future.

• 8 Agmus Media // Nov 4, 2019 at 12:21 pm

Emirates is providing the best services in all airlines, in the history of emirates, there is not a single plane which is crash due to finding any mechanical issue or any other issue. They are providing the best seats and service in the economy because of all these things emirates airline is at the top of all airlines. Google advertising company is also working emirates airlines and you can also buy online tickets for this airline too.

• 9 Professional Dissertation Writers // Dec 13, 2019 at 11:50 am

After extraordinary analysis emirates, get the title of best global airlines, the explanation for is that they are giving the best administrations and they are charging a similar sum as different aircraft. Throughout the entire existence of emirates, their not a solitary issue ascend in a plane during the flight.