This week’s links:
- Should Startups Focus on Profitability or Not? by Mark Suster. “There is a healthy tension between profits & growth. To grow faster businesses need resources in today’s financial period to fund growth that may not come for 6 months to a year.”
- Telecom Predictions for 2012: from Strand Consult. ” We believe the number of employees working for mobile operators around the world will decrease by between 5 and up to 20% in most countries.”
- Solar Energy: Bright future in India (NYT), but business challenges globally (WSJ).
- India’s Year of Drama and Stasis: by Sadanand Dhume in WSJ. “The middle class and investors are frustrated with India’s corrupt and inept politicians.”
- The C in Congress: by Pratap Bhanu Mehta. “Perhaps the Congress is in love with the “C” in its name. Corruption was not enough. It had to become corrupt, casteist, communal and cynical. India’s tragedy is that there is no national level challenger to this party that is diminishing us all.”