eCommerce in India – Part 10

March 2nd, 2012 · 26 Comments

Looking ahead, there are a few things which can help grow this sector. The mobile is perhaps the biggest opportunity. But the inability to do payments on mobile is a big constraint. RBI needs to step in and fix the rules and help the ecosystem simplify payments on the mobile dramatically. I have maintained that one cannot treat small payments (say, less than Rs 500 or 1,000) the same way as the larger ones. Smaller payments need to be simplified so that transactions can be easily completed on the mobile.

Second, there will perhaps be some consolidation and combination between offline retailers and their online brethren. The offline retailers can now pick up some of the eCommerce companies that may not be doing so well, and leverage them into building their own significant presence online.

Third, the entry of international players like Amazon will up the ante for the Indian players who will need to then make a decision of whether to sell or stay. Either way, the sector will expand, and so will the offerings and the service.

So, in the short-term, there will be some pain as we hear about the bubble bursting. Don’t worry about that. What is happening is that a new industry has been created that will forever change the way Indians shop and buy. And that is good for businesses, investors and entrepreneurs.

• 1 Chas // Mar 2, 2012 at 10:56 am

Will Indians embrace Mobile Gold buying Apps, as long as they pertain to coins or bullion and not jewelry? I suspect that jewelry will still be something that one wants to inspect close-up.

• 2 Indrajit Dutta // Mar 28, 2013 at 11:22 am

Backend logistics and cash burn are two issues which will continue to bog down this sector. e-commerce sure has bright future as we have seen in last few years. but this growth needs to be built on solid foundations and not just discount coupons and flash sales!!

• 3 Rahul // Apr 4, 2013 at 3:05 pm

Initially i thought like what an idea sirji…for these e-retailers. But I am still not sure why are they losing money. If flipkart is boasting of revenues of over 1500 crs, even a decent 10% margin would earn them cool 150 crs…Now if their operational cost is 150 crs, then I would say just shut the shop and enjoy the life

• 4 Mohit // Apr 4, 2013 at 3:07 pm

• 5 SHAREit App // Apr 5, 2016 at 5:17 pm

good Having SHAREit on your Computer is definitely wonderful as a result of your entire gadgets, your computer nice.

• 6 check this // Apr 26, 2016 at 5:53 pm

good In this article is usually the complete process to obtain Cinema Box system in your iPad or iPhone without jailbreak nice.

• 7 Game killer // Jun 8, 2016 at 3:01 pm

Wow what a Great Information about World Day its very nice informative post. thanks for the post.

• 8 Halloween Costumes // Sep 19, 2016 at 9:55 pm

thanks for the awesome post.

• 9 Tekken 7 Release Date // Sep 19, 2016 at 9:56 pm

WOW… Thats cool.

• 10 snapchat for pc // Sep 29, 2016 at 1:37 am

wow best information dude thanks for sharing..

• 11 xender apk download // Sep 29, 2016 at 5:48 pm

best post ever thanks

• 12 kingroot apk download // Oct 7, 2016 at 2:53 pm

Latest version of kingroot applicaton

• 13 johnatkins | megabox // Nov 4, 2016 at 12:45 pm

download the latest version of the best movie straeming app megbaox hd …free movies , free tv shows and lots mre fun

• 14 Framaroot // Sep 5, 2017 at 7:45 pm

I was thinking to migrate my server from Linux to Windows as one of my friend has been insisting a lot for this. I would like to see regular updates for Windows Server for better experience and flexibility. Thanks.

• 15 judi bola // Nov 28, 2017 at 2:09 pm

sempak teles

• 16 film terbaru // Dec 2, 2017 at 12:28 pm

Плюсы:
    – БОНУСНАЯ ОБОРОТНАЯ НЕДЕЛЯ до 0,5%
    – БОНУС ОТЛИЧИТЕЛЬНЫЙ ЖИЗНЬ!
    – DEPO / WD Быстрый процесс не более 2 минут.
    – Может воспроизводиться на смартфоне Android и версии Iphone.
    – Все игры RANDOM и 200% без воспроизведения ROBOT или ADMIN

• 17 mozilla firebox support // Dec 16, 2017 at 2:29 pm

amazing post and thanks

• 18 fortnite game 1212 // Apr 5, 2018 at 3:25 am

The game fortnite is here http://fortnitebattleroyaleguide.com with all tricks.

• 19 JioFi // Apr 4, 2019 at 8:08 pm

Excellent article, the author has very promising thinking and very literate thoughts.

• 20 minnesota web design company // May 10, 2019 at 12:14 pm

Thanks for your post, have a good day.

• 21 Digital Marketing // May 30, 2019 at 2:05 pm

DigitaL MARKETING IS THE SOLUTION

• 22 SEO // Jun 6, 2019 at 2:10 pm

India has a really great potentiall for Ecommerce. Interesting that many SEO professionals are in India.

• 23 ac repair and service // Jul 9, 2019 at 7:43 pm

I am so happy I located your blog site, I actually located you accidentally, while I was seeing on google for an included point, Anyways I am listed below presently and likewise furthermore would certainly similar to state give thanks to for an extraordinary post along with an all rounded entertaining net website.

• 24 discover this // Sep 27, 2019 at 2:45 pm

Much required to you for 2 or three distinct numerous other preparing internet journals. What various other areas would certainly I have the ability to recognize what kind of details written in such an outstanding treatment? I have a capability that I’m instead ahead of time seeking, along with I have extremely greater than susceptible to the message for such info.

• 25 click here now // Oct 3, 2019 at 7:14 pm

I call for to find your net site in which you have gone over social media internet sites websites. Nowadays the globe is so fast in addition to brand-new advancement are can be located in a market. Presently, the Social media website internet website ends up being a considerable system in all over the world. Presently, you can immediately prepare a ticket for going on a journey.

• 26 criminal dwi attorney // Nov 2, 2019 at 1:45 pm

I most definitely taking part in all tiny bit of it. it is a gratifying web site along with furthermore a properly-ventilated element. I yearning to many thanks. actual job! You people establish a cost blog site internet website in addition to having a variety of correct parts. protect taking place the pleasing relocate technology.