Blog Past: Life in 5-Year Chunks
Over the recent Holi holidays, as I sat thinking about life past, present and future, I realized that I could take life in five-year chunks and think of a dominant theme for each of these chunks. So, here goes:
- 1984-1989: Education (IIT-Bombay and Columbia)
- 1990-1994: Work and Error (NYNEX, and failed efforts at doing a startup)
- 1995-1999: IndiaWorld (India’s first Internet portals, sold to Sify in Nov 1999)
- 2000-2004: Experiments (tried a number of digital ideas; none of them worked)
- 2005-2009: NetCore’s Growth (put the company on a growth path)
What will the next five years bring? Two things that I would like to do are: ensure NetCore can grow to a dominant consumer mobile data company, and help bring about a change in India’s political and policy climate.