Disney’s Use of Blogs and Wikis
Getting people to work together productively is one of the challenges that organisations face. The emerging catgeory of social software promises to help. Ross Mayfield blogs a presentation by Mike Pusateri, Elisabeth Freeman and Eric Freeman on Disney’s experiences and learnings in using blogs and wikis:
– RSS feeds and Weblog software are useful for multitude of business need where information flow is critical. Its not about opinion its about information flow
– RSS feeds are for much more than weblog sndication
– Use of RSS feeds is inexpensive comparatively
– RSS aggregation into Outlook integration was critical.
– Client side aggregation needs to move toward server side aggregation
– Need for authentication is immediate