IBM’s Web Sutor (director of Web Services) wrties about the 5 myths (which he says are all Facts):
1. Web services is brand new.
2. Web services has so many shortcomings, such as security, that it will prove to be a disruptive element in an organization’s IT efforts.
3. Interoperability will never happen. We’ve all got to have the same operating system to make Web services work best.
4. Getting Web services means getting rid of all your current software and developing new programming languages to handle the Tower of Babel you’re going to face.
5. Web services is the endgame–the goal we’re aiming toward.