Skype is creating a lot of buzz – it is P2P telephony to allow users to make free phone calls. From their site:
– Free unlimited worldwide phone calls to other Skype users
– Superior sound quality – better than your regular phone
– Works with all firewall, NAT and routers nothing to configure!
– Friends list shows you when your Skype friends are online and ready to talk or chat
– Super-simple and easy to use
– Your calls are encrypted end-to-end for superior privacy
– Based on cutting edge peer-to-peer technology developed by the creators of Kazaa and Joltid
Writes Robin Good: “Available in English, Swedish and Estonian, Skype is new free live P2P audioconferencing tool for people using Windows XP and Windows 2000…Skype is a very effective and well designed professional VoIP tool and I can safely assure that if you try it out for yourself you will not be disappointed. Skype allows VoIP under the very worst adverse conditions including users behind firewalls and NATs which have always had difficulties in properly communicating with other communication and conferencing tools.”
Need to try this out!