Among the predictions made by Robert Cringely, whose historical success rate is 70%:
– Microsoft will make a bold run for video game leadership..In the long run, though, Microsoft won’t succeed in taking the gaming lead.
– Despite new anti-spam laws, we’ll still be plagued with unsolicited commercial messages.
– Linux has to grow or die, and the direction it takes will be determined in 2004.
– In the U.S., 2004 will see the start of the very digital convergence.
– WiFi will be bigger than ever, of course, but progress and service will both be spotty.
– IT outsourcing will become a political issue in the 2004 U.S. Presidential campaign.