Teemu Leinonen writes:
With partners from SA, Indian, Brazil, US and Finland we are planning a new project called MobiLed Mobile phones in informal and formal learning in developing countries.
the main technology components we are going to use. They are:
* Mobile devices and network(s): GSM phones, multimedia phones, Internet tablets (have a look of this: Its Debian GNU/Linux-based!)
* Wikipedia: The Free Encyclopedia.
* Social Software: MediaWiki, blogs, knowledge building tools, etc.
* Language technologies: Speech interfaces, audio usage, etc.
* External speakers than can be used with the devices.
The pedagogical foundations of the scenarios are:
* Student and group-centred learning;
* Project-based learning;
* Problem solving;
* Inquiry learning.