[via Brad Feld] Matt Blumberg, the CEO of ReturnPath, writes:
– Consumer email adoption is huge and rising
– Email business usage is now mission critical for most employees
– Spam filters are getting better by the day
– People are signing up for email newsletters and marketing at astonishing rates
– The email industry will not allow itself go the way of the typewriter
ComputerWorld has a special report on Email and Groupware.
Adam Rifkin writes about his interactions with Rohit, and provides an update.
Jeff Jarvis offers his list to the attendees at Fortune’s Brainstorm.
Innovation Weblog points to StoryBlog, “a repository of stories for use in presentations.” Here’s one story sent in by Ankesh Kothari:
A university professor went to visit a famous Zen master. While the master quietly served tea, the professor talked about Zen.
The master poured the visitor’s cup to the brim, and then kept pouring.
The professor watched the overflowing cup until he could no longer restrain himself. “It’s overfull! No more will go in!” the professor blurted.
“You are like this cup,” the master replied, “You are full of ideas. You come and ask for teaching, but your cup is full; I can’t put anything in. Before I can teach you, you’ll have to empty your cup.”
Moral: keep an open mind.