Growing Mobile VAS in India: The Coming Mobile Data Revolution

August 31st, 2009 · 7 Comments

The IT and telecom industry has seen then creation and growth of two large industry segments in the past 15-20 years. The first has been in IT and business process outsourcing. The second has been in the mobile space, with the creation of an industry that now generates over $20 billion (Rs 100,000 crore) in annual revenue.

There is a third revolution that is waiting in the wings to happen – in mobile data.

In the years to come, the contribution of MVAS (non-voice services) to the ARPU is likely to grow. What else can be done to provide a healthy, competitive environment in which operators and MVAS companies can both compete and co-operate to create solutions which make the mobile a magic lamp in the hands of consumers, make India a world leader in mobile data, and hopefully, help in the creation of the next Microsoft / Cisco / Google in the world?

In this context, some of the posts I have written on my blog over the past year are useful backgrounders. Here is a list in reverse chronological order:

So, what should the MVAS Agenda for India be?

Continued tomorrow.

• 1 kasi // Aug 31, 2009 at 10:55 am

A flat rate for data and sharing user profile to service providers would revolutionize the MVAS.

Biggest question that blocks the revolution is …

“Will the operators allow that to happen?”.

Kasi

• 2 Naveed // Aug 26, 2019 at 8:52 pm

The post is written in very a good manner and it contains many useful information for me.
    banderas de publicidad

• 3 Naveed // Sep 4, 2019 at 4:24 pm

Very nice article, I enjoyed reading your post, very nice share, I want to twit this to my followers. Thanks!.
    quality instagram likes

• 4 Naveed // Sep 8, 2019 at 7:17 pm

Thanks for this article very helpful. thanks.
    hampton bay

• 5 word games // Sep 18, 2019 at 9:40 am

I really like the kind of article written in plain text so people can understand it and people can understand which message the author wants to convey. Your style is very unique but it’s easy to understand what you want to say in this discussion.

• 6 asimseo // Oct 8, 2019 at 9:18 pm

This is such a great resource that you are providing and you give it away for free. I love seeing websites that understand the value of providing a quality resource for free. It is the old what goes around comes around routine.
    소액결제현금화

• 7 Naveed // Oct 14, 2019 at 6:47 pm

Most of the time I don’t make comments on websites, but I’d like to say that this article really forced me to do so. Really nice post!
    안전놀이터