Random: Vodafone, Comments, Reading

March 4th, 2009 · 8 Comments

Vodafone: Many of you have written in inquiring what happened on the Vodafone issue. The SMS shortcode (575758) continues to be blocked for MyToday opt-in. To its credit, Vodafone has unblocked our mobile Internet portal, mytoday.com. [Background: We vs Vodafone — Day 1, Day 2, Day 3]

Comments: I very much appreciate the comments on the blog posts. My sincere apologies if I am not able to respond to each of you personally. Things have been busier than usual hence have fallen behind by replies. But do rest assured that I read each of the comments – and value them. This is one blog where the readers are much smarter than the writer!

Reading: Thanks to my friend, Anshuman Goenka, I now have a bunch of books to read about Indian political history since Independence. Will share some of these books as I finish reading them. The past month has been a good induction into understanding India’s recent history better. The same op-ed pages in the newspapers that I used to ignore daily are now a must-see!

• 1 Puneet // Mar 4, 2009 at 9:19 am

I wish you Good Luck and hope that MyToday will win against Vodafone…

• 2 Spandan // Mar 4, 2009 at 9:44 am

Quote:

“To its credit, Vodafone has unblocked our mobile Internet portal, mytoday.com.”

Good to know that. Another proof why one should blog? If you are on the right path, there is always public support (if they are aware) against evil tactics.

• 3 Mallikarjuna // Mar 4, 2009 at 1:05 pm

I’m delighted that you’ve started on Indian political history.

I look forward to your views on Polity, our choices [Democracy, Adult Franchise, Multi Party, …. err too many expectations 🙂 ] and above all Jawaharlal Nehru.

Atanu Dey cuddles him “Nawab of cluelessness”.

Would you be seconding that ?

• 4 sheetal // Mar 4, 2009 at 5:29 pm

best luck,go ahead, blogs really works.

• 5 Posts about Mobile Internet as of March 4, 2009 | IMHO Conferences & Consulting // Mar 4, 2009 at 11:51 pm

[…] companies and even smartphone vendors create mobile Internet devices — and is a must Random: Vodafone, Comments, Reading – emergic.org 03/04/2009 Vodafone : Many of you have written in inquiring what happened on the […]

• 6 vijay // Mar 22, 2009 at 10:10 am

i am a vodafone prepaid user and i hav recieved a lifetime offer msg for 22 rs … i am already using add on facility and could u pl say ll my add on facility and the bonus card for 51 rs add on recharge will continue for me pllllll … tis 22 rs offer ends by 31 march pl inform me before tht pl…..

• 7 Mr S M Ashraf // Mar 25, 2009 at 10:54 am

Vodafone behaved stragely and without my consent activated MCI on my Mobile and started deducting Rs. 30 every month from my prepaid money with effect from January 2009. They are refusing to refund the money.

• 8 bharath // Feb 7, 2011 at 3:03 pm

this is the worst service in india.no signal,no customer care service ,faulty answers