John Hiler writes about the reasons for his launching CityBlogs.com. It is an interestign premise. Often, we find out about interesting things only after they’ve happened. Perhaps, cityblogs can become the friend who can recommend good and useful events before they happen!
Joh Hiler differentiates the blogs over local listings:
– Personality versus Dry Descriptions
– Useful Recommendations versus Overwhelming Comprehensiveness
– Readable by Anyone versus Accessible Only to Experts
– Niche Coverage versus Mainstream Coverage
– Local Stringers versus No Followups
Hiler’s New York Cityblog covers Cinema, Book Readings and Talks.