With eTech underway, Ross Mayfield describes the various types of blogging that takes place at conferences:
– Dedicated Transcription — word for word
– Impressionistic Transcription
– Running Commentary — paraphrase with opinion
– Poignant Reflection — pure commentary
– Coverage — producing a report
– Backchannel — chat without content
– Remote Participation — fact check and amplify.
– Refactor Me — group voice.
A point to note: “My 7th grade biology teacher suggested an approach to note taking. Its the first year where most kids take notes, or are told to without teaching them how. Most kids went straight to transcription, but that obviously can impede learning for most. His suggestion was to write down the things you DON’T know.”