Getting people to work together productively is one of the challenges that organisations face. The emerging catgeory of social software promises to help. Ross Mayfield blogs a presentation by Mike Pusateri, Elisabeth Freeman and Eric Freeman on Disney’s experiences and learnings in using blogs and wikis:
– RSS feeds and Weblog software are useful for multitude of business need where information flow is critical. Its not about opinion its about information flow
– RSS feeds are for much more than weblog sndication
– Use of RSS feeds is inexpensive comparatively
– RSS aggregation into Outlook integration was critical.
– Client side aggregation needs to move toward server side aggregation
– Need for authentication is immediate