Telepocalypse writes about what wireless users want, in descending order of value:
1. Safety. Keep me in coverage, be there when Im in trouble.
2. Personal communication. Keep me in touch with my family, friends, co-workers and customers. Plenty of unsolved problems here.
3. Transactional service. Buy things, sell things, authorize things. Users care about their wallets. We dont have the right application platfoms and interaction paradigms to do this well yet. Too much usability and connectivity friction to satisfy the demand.
4. Information. Tell me what I need to know when Im away from my fixed information sources.
5. Entertainment. Im bored unbore me.