David Hornik has some tips for DEMO presentations which are valid for any kind of demos entrepreneurs do:
1. It is all about the demo. DEMO is all about demonstrating your product. You will live and die by your product…The best demos are those that make the product shine.
2. Leave room for spontaneity (or at least appear like you have). This is just another way of saying, don’t read your presentation.
3. Have fun. DEMO is fun. That’s why people like it. You get to see cool new things presented in a compelling way on stage. If you are stressed out up there, we’ll be stressed out in the audience.
4. Have a backup plan. Another advantage to not being tied to a script is that when things go wrong you are not at a complete loss on stage.
1. Don’t praise your own product.
2. Don’t use a tag line.
3. Don’t say what you’re looking for out of your DEMO.
4. Don’t list your partners unless they are great (and probably even not then).
5. Don’t try to be funny if you aren’t funny.