Andy Beal talks to Oodle’s Craig Donato:
Classifieds are simply better when used online for both consumers and advertisers. It’s easier for consumers to find what they’re looking for:
* It’s easier to search & browse online;
* It’s more effective to qualify interest when listings contain more descriptive information (e.g., more text, photos, virtual tours, etc.); and
* It’s quicker to make contact (just drop a seller an email).
For sellers, online listings are more convenient and cost effective:
* Ads can be purchased more cheaply and in many cases are free;
* It’s easier to accept inbound requests via email (using an anonymous screen name);
* Listings attract better prospects when they contain more descriptive information; and
* Advertisers can edit or delete a listing at any time.
Already, there are many more listings online than in local newspapers.