TechCrunch has a discussion following a post by Newsgator CTO Greg Reinacker.
Highlights discussed include:
* recommending feeds
* niche default subscription options
* social networking/comments about feeds
* RSS everywhere – where else can it go?
* feeds and podcasts by phone
* advertising, enterprise and private label possibilities.
RSS is the foundation of almost everything Web 2.0 – isnt it? Its what makes blog readership scalable, podcasts subscribable, wiki changes watchable and so much more. If Newsgatgor can succeed in offering the kind of innovative features this roadmap alludes to, without falling into the trap of crass commercialism, Reinackers vision could be deeply influential for the future of the medium.