Daniel Taylor writes about the requirements:
* Improved, enterprise-class help desk and customer support.
* Separation of business and personal liability on mobile devices used in work environments.
* The current inability of IT departments to actively manage mobile users.
* The breakdown of the user/payer model in enabling IT enforcement of corporate mobility policies.
* The cost of international roaming.
* The lack of integration between carrier services for voice and data, even for services delivered to a single device.
* The lack of integration between carrier and enterprise networks for mobile applications.
* The limit of behind-the-firewall connectivity to only a handful of mobile users.