Notes Forbes: The survey of 51,000 respondents in the US found that of the prospective phone upgraders:
– 80 percent of wanted full address book applications in their next phone,
– 74 percent wanted voice recognition features
– 67 percent wanted short text messaging.
– 37 percent wanted personal digital assistant capabilities
– 30 percent wanted photo viewing and multimedia functions
– 29 percent were interested in music listening features
– 26 percent were interested in built-in camera capabilities
About 50% of Americans own cellphones.