From Business 2.0: “Your brain is the ultimate example of a complex, decentralized organization. And because we (usually) behave coherently, smoothly integrating new circumstances as they arise, the brain is also the epitome of an adaptive organization, a learning organization, a shared-vision organization — in short, the ideal modern company.” The 5 secrets, according to the article:
1. Never try to micromanage a large, complex organization.
2. Don’t let bottom-up self-organization go wild.
3. The best way to control your subordinates is to just point them in the right direction.
4. Be careful listening to the voice of experience — that voice could be your own.
5. The organization can’t succeed without passion.