Seth Godin provides some ideas:
1. Dont run out of money. It always takes longer and costs more than you expect to spread your idea. You can budget for it or you can fail.
2. You wont get it right the first time. Your campaign will need to be reinvented, adjusted or scrapped. Count on it.
3. Convenient choices are not often the best choices. Just because an agency, an asset or a bizdev deal are easy to do doesnt mean that they are your best choice.
4. Irrational, strongly held beliefs of close advisors should be ignored. It doesnt matter if they dont like your logo.
6. Focusing obsessively on one niche, one feature and one market is almost always a better idea than trying to satisfy everyone.