SF Gate writes about 10 lies. Among them:
1. We learned our lesson last time. And we’re going to cash out before this bubble pops.
2. This is not a bubble. Hot parties, overheated PR pitches, and five or six dozen social networking sites are just healthy indicators of a new boom.
3. It’s all about community and sharing. But we told our venture capitalists that our exit strategy will make them rich. (Corollary: But you have to know someone to get into our conference/party.)
4. Online advertising will pay for everything. As if click fraud is any kind of a threat.
5. These sites are so easy, my mother could use them. And they’re so geeky, she has no interest in even trying.