This week’s links:
- The Coming Wave of “Social Apponomics”: from strategy+business.”The secret to profitability on the Internet has finally arrived in an innovative blend of social media, Web mobility, and creative e-commerce applications.”
- The Always Logged In Experience: by Fred Wilson.”On your mobile, you are permanently logged into every app you have on your device. When you get a notification, you click on it and are taken right to the exact part of the mobile app you want to engage with. No log in is required. That in and of itself is a big deal.”
- Three steps to building a better top team: from McKinsey Quarterly. “When a top team fails to function, it can paralyze a whole company. Here’s what CEOs need to watch out for.”
- Report on Indian Urban Infrastructure and Services: by a committee headed by Isher Ahluwalia. “Its central message is that urbanisation is not an option. It is an inevitable outcome of the faster rates of growth to which the economy has now transited. Indeed, urbanisation is itself a process that will support growth. The Committee has made recommendations on how to deal with these challenges of urbanisation.”
- Reviews of two interesting books from NYTimes: Aerotroplis and The Information.