From a post written a year ago:
As one thinks about one’s business, here are five questions that one should ask:
- Is the market that we are in large enough to ensure our growth?
- Can we ensure that the Base business continues to grow?
- What are the Boosters that we can add through new ideas / initiatives / recruitments to incrementally grow the current business?
- Are there adjacent markets that we can tap into?
- What are the Breakthroughs / disruptive innovations that we can do that can create or amplify future growth opportunities – either in the current market or adjacent markets?
One way to remember these questions is 3B (Base, Boosters, Breakthroughs) +2M (Market large, adjacent Markets).