At the IMC event last week, I did not get much time to speak since the programme was running behind schedule and I had a deadline due to which I had to leave early. Had I got the opportunity to speak more, this is what I would have liked to talk.
Technology and Government: Fast-tracking Democracy
IT Infrastructure to redefine Citizen-State Relationship
Creating “Digital India” is about using Information Technology to:
- Disseminate information
- Deliver services more effectively to citizens in the State
- Encourage feedback from citizens and provide a channel for them to talk back
Information Technology enables transformation at various levels:
- Governance made “user friendly” and transparent
- Involve citizens in working synergistically with the government
- Make citizens active stakeholders in the development of the state
To be continued.